Break the Limits: Healthy Living `amidst the Pandemic
The pandemic has taken its toll in all aspects of our economy and our way of life but we were able to prove that we can adapt and cope with all challenges and strife that are thrown at us. This 2021 is a chance to be a new person, reliving our old passion, and be what we want to be in life – being healthy should be our utmost priority, for a healthy life equates to a fruitful life. Here are the tips to be healthier in 2021.
- Never forget to eat healthily – it sounds cliché to eat healthy right? But didn’t you all know that eating healthy is our first line of defense and our natural immunity booster.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables that are rich in fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
- Avoid or totally omit sugary, fatty, and salty foods from our diet. You should consume less than 30 grams of sugar a day, and less than 2,500 mg of salt per day.
- Stay Hydrated. Drink around 2000 to 3000 ml of water a day.
- Learn to do meal portioning and meal preparations.
- Most importantly read nutrition labels.
- Exercise Regularly – Gyms are still a high-risk transmission area for the virus so we encourage everyone to do some home workouts to strengthen the body, you may use fitness apps or watch tutorial videos. Exercise has a lot of benefits like:
- It tones the body; it induces weight management or even weight loss.
- Improves blood flow – it can lower blood chemistries into optimal levels.
- Improves mood regulation and decrease stress hormones, it decreases cortisol (a stress hormone) levels and increases the release of endorphins (a natural pain-killer hormone).
- Worry less – mental health problems is one of the issues that we are currently facing now. This pandemic has burnt out some of us that toll on their mental health. What we can do about are as follows:
- Worry less, pray more.
- Let go of the things you cannot control or change.
- Limit your screen time or attention to things that stress you.
- Take a deep breath.
- You are the key! – in everything that you do or want to do, YOU hold the key. So dream big, start small.
- Optimize your schedule – time management is key to trim down unnecessary routines. Make a schedule and consistently follow it.
- Unlock new possibilities – it’s never too late to be what you want to be this 2021, so like we said, dream big, start small, and start today!
That’s the N-E-W-Y-O-U routine. What better way to start it off is by trying our fresh and light special recipe the Gardenia Pink Salmon and Cheese Sandwich one serving is high in Iron, and source of Vitamin B1, B2, and B3.
Gardenia Pink Salmon and Cheese Sandwich
Per serving: Carbs: 12.5g, Protein: 8.2g, Fats: 21.9g. Calories: 279.9 kcal
- Gardenia High Fiber Wheat Raisin Loaf, 1 slice
- Pink Salmon, 150g
- Garlic Powder, 1 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper, ½ tsp
- Thyme, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tsp
- White Cheese, 50g
- Cream Cheese, 50g
- Sour Cream, 30g
- Lemon Juice, 1 tsp
- Salt, 1 tbsp
- Cherry Tomatoes, 3 slices
- Boiled Egg, 3 slices
- Romaine Lettuce, 10g
- Mango, thinly sliced, 30g
1.) In a bowl, combine, cream cheese, white cheese, and sour cream and season with lemon juice and salt. Mix until well combine.
2.) Get 1 slice of Gardenia Wheat Raisin Loaf and spread 2 tbsp of cheese mixture onto the bread and bake inside the oven until toasted.
To prepare salmon:
1.) In a pot, put water, garlic powder, thyme, ground black pepper, and salt then boil.
2.) Add in the salmon and lower down the heat. Cook the salmon for 5 minutes
1.) Top the toasted bread with lettuce, cooked salmon, cherry tomato, and sliced boiled eggs.
2.) Drizzle with lemon juice.
3.) Serve and enjoy!