1. Lower your body fat percentage
The World Health Organization has set guideline for normal range of body fat for male and female. Take note that females are supposed to have higher body fat percentage compared to men in order for them to fulfill their physiological functions. Males on the other hand have lower body fat percentage requirement because they are naturally more muscular.
|PERCENT BODY FAT*|
|20 less than 25%||Slightly High||30 less than 35%|
|10 less than 20%||Normal||20 less than 30%|
|Less than 10%||Low||Less than 20%|
2. Get stronger
3. Incorporate fitness in your daily routine
You can exercise like an athlete but if your diet is poor, you simply won’t be able to lose any weight. We cannot exercise our way out from a bad diet. And this is where the 70/30 rule comes in. Seventy percent of weight loss comes from making fundamental dietary changes and thirty percent comes from exercise. So start by tweaking your current dietary pattern and try snacking on Gardenia Slim ‘n Fit Wheaten Bread, the only bread in the market that contains L-carnitine, a nutrient that helps in burning fat during workout. Two slices will only give you 145 kcal. That is even lesser calories than a cup of rice! Try Gardenia Stuffed Red Bell Pepper to spice up your Gardenialicious snacking time.
Gardenia Stuffed Red Bell Pepper Sandwich
(Carbohydrates 25g; Protein 27g; Fat 6g; Calories 262 kcal)
|4 slices Gardenia Slim N Fit Wheaten Bread|
|2 pcs red bell pepper|
|2 pcs green bell pepper|
|300 g ground beef|
|1 pc carrots, small diced|
|1 pc white onion, small diced|
|5 cloves garlic, minced|
|desired herbs and spices|
|salt and pepper|
|60 gms quick melt cheese, grated|
|150 ml barbeque sauce|
- In a bowl, Combine Ground beef, carrots, onions, garlic, herbs and spices barbeque sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a pot, cook your beef mixture.
- On a chopping board, cut the top portion of the bell pepper and remove the seeds. Wash it well to remove the seeds.
- Trim the sides of your Gardenia Slim ‘n Fit Wheaten bread and set aside.
- Once your beef mixture is cooked, scoop about 1 ½ tbsp and fill the bell pepper with it. Top it with half of the diced bread, top it with cheese and place it in the oven until cheese melts. Top it again with the remaining diced bread.
- Plate and serve.
https://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/fitness-goals accessed 14 November 17
https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/ accessed 15 November 17
https://www.muscleandfitness.com/nutrition/lose-fat/20-tips-shed-body-fat-good-0 accessed 15 November 17
https://press-london.com/blogs/squeeze/the-70-30-rule-is-this-the-secret-to-weight-loss accessed 18 December 17