BACK TO SCHOOL STARTER PACK
Time really flies when you are having fun, doesn’t it? Summer vacation may be over but we shouldn’t let this spoil the fun of going back to school! As we get ready for the school season, let us help you prepare your kids for school through this “Back-to-School Starter Pack”.
It is important that your kids have a good start at school. They say if your kids do great on their first day, then most probably they will also do great on the succeeding day. So, here are some tips that will help your kids have a great start at school:
- Remind them to start their day right. “Your morning sets the tone for the rest of the day”. Indeed, their morning habits could either make or break their day. They should do things right starting from waking up early so they can have a lot of time to prepare on their first day.
- Things should be prepared ahead of time – Make sure that they already prepared their bag and all the supplies they need the day before their first school day. You can help them by creating a back-to-school checklist of the things they need to bring like books, pen, notebooks, etc.
- Make sure they get enough rest and sleep – if they have been staying up late throughout their vacation, then remind them that they should start to get back in their sleep schedule a week before the first school day. In that way, it will be a lot easier for them to adjust their body clock. It is recommended that they should have about 8 to 10 hours of sleep per day in order to function well. Getting enough sleep is also a key to a healthy lifestyle.
- Make new friends – Having friends makes going to school so much fun, right? Indeed, it is more enjoyable to learn new things with friends. So, remind them also to make new friends this school year!
- Don’t forget to have breakfast– Breakfast is the most important meal of the day which should not be skipped. Healthy breakfast foods such as those rich in whole grains, fiber, and protein are essential in order to boost one’s attention span, concentration, and memory which are all important in learning.
- Establish a healthy snacking habit – As much as possible, your kids should avoid eating foods that are high in sugar, sodium and fat that are usually sold in the cafeterias. It is better if you prepare a home-made baon for your kids.
You may opt to start with Gardenia High Fiber Whole Wheat Raisin Loaf, the only bread in the market that is super rich in fiber you’ll get 29% of your daily fiber requirement in just a slice! Fiber-rich foods may help prevent constipation in children as it aids in digestion and regulate bowel movement. You can try this healthy Gardenia PBB Toast recipe at home. This recipe is not only yummy and healthy but also quite easy to prepare.
Gardenia PBB Toast (Banana, Peanut Butter)
(Carbohydrates – 54g; Protein – 8g; Fat – 12g; Fiber – 10g; Calories – 356kcal)
1 slice of Gardenia High Fiber Whole Wheat Raisin Loaf
1 pc of medium banana, sliced
1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter