by Gardenia Wellness Team
1 (600g) Gardenia Classic White Bread
3/4 kilo ground beef
9 cloves garlic, chopped
2 pieces onion, medium size, finely chopped
1 tsp dried rosemary
1 pc bell pepper, cubed
1/3 cup cooking oil
2 3/4 tsp salt
3/4 tsp black pepper, ground
2 1/2 tsp sugar
3/4 stick butter, unsalted, melted
8 pcs eggs
1 cup evaporated milk
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Grease 8×12 baking pan with butter.
3. Prepare Meat filling:
a. Saute garlic and onion in oil.
b. Add the rest of the ingredients.
c. Continue to stir fry until quite dry. Remove excess oil. Set aside.
4. Prepare Egg-milk mixture:
a. Whisk together eggs and melted butter
b. Add evaporated milk.
5. Dip each slice of Gardenia Classic White Bread into egg-milk mixture and place at the bottom of the pan.
6. Spread a portion of prepared meat filling.
7. Add another layer of bread dipped in egg-milk mixture
8. Top with another portion of meat filling
9. Repeat until the pan is filled.
10. Pour in the remaining egg mixture when layers are completed.
11. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.